About the position
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented research associate with background in immunological techniques to join our Antibody Discovery department. The successful candidate will participate in all aspects of the generation and characterization of antibodies. This will involve careful experiment planning in collaboration with the lead scientist and extensive hands-on bench work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support therapeutic antibody lead selection using multiple antibody discovery platforms
- Aid in the conduct of immunization campaigns for specific immuno-oncology targets
- Assist in antibody lead selection with high throughput flow cytometry and ELISA assays
- Assist with routine maintenance and operation of flow cytometry instruments
- Use a variety of methods to determine antibody kinetics, affinity, and specificity
- Prioritize work on multiple projects and perform general lab organization and maintenance
- Support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Plan experiments and outline research procedures to be followed
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures and effectively document and present results to colleagues
- Work with other internal research departments and development groups in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- BS/MA degree with 2 or more years of antibody discovery or relevant experience (relevant masters research counts toward years of experience).
- Background in flow cytometry and ELISA assays (minimum 1 year).
- Cell sorting experience desirable but not required. Knowledge of cloning and molecular biology techniques is a plus.