About the position
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
We are seeking a talented Associate Scientist / Senior Associate Scientist in developing CHO cell lines for production of biotherapeutics, with broad expertise, capable of contributing to both drug discovery and development projects. The position requires strong interest in bench work and deep background in cell line development for biologics. Experience working with multi-specific, fusion proteins are highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform tissue culture of mammalian cell using sterile techniques.
- Independently generate CHO cell lines of high productivity and quality, continually improves the process.
- Evaluate signal peptides for CHO expression system and be familiar with CHO expression vectors.
- Use of modern technologies for enrichment of recombinant cells and cell cloning, clonality determination; clone screening using automated systems is required.
- Participate in basic molecular biology laboratory duties: PCR, plasmid preparation, DNA cloning and sequence analysis.
- Be responsible to prioritize work on multiple projects, support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals.
- Accurately document laboratory work.
- Provide updates and present data in group meetings.
- Commit to write SOPs and reports, authors corresponding sections for regulatory filing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Have PhD degree with 3+ years, or MS degree with 5+ years, or bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in cell line development or related areas
- Have previous hands-on experience in cell culture with a focus on mammalian cell recombinant protein production
- Have strong scientific understanding of recombinant protein expression, cell line development, cellular metabolism and media optimization
- Have hands-on experience on basic molecular biology techniques. Knowledge of real-time PCR is a plus
- Have basic computer knowledge and be able to use office software
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to work in a high paced team environment, plan and meet timeline
- Be able to work on weekend and holiday shifts