About the position
We are seeking a talented Sr. Research Associate/ Associate Scientist / Senior Associate Scientist with extensive experience in antibody-based therapeutics, in Protein Engineering Department. The successful candidate will have a tracked record of molecular biology, protein purification and characterization, as well as cell culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for cloning, expression and characterization of protein constructs
- Familiar with CHO/HEK expression systems.
- Responsible for candidate optimization, selection, and validation.
- Familiarity with AKTA (GE Healthcare) FPLC equipment along with a practical understanding of chromatographic principles.
- Familiarity with HPLC ((Waters/Agilent system is a plus) equipment along with a practical understanding of chromatographic principles.
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Familiarity with cancer cell culture experiment and assay method (ADCC/TDCC/RTCC is a plus)
- Support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Work with R&D and manufacturing department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support with team members in China.
- Able to manage timelines productively and bring projects to completion.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- MS or BS in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biophysical or a related field with 5 years (MS); 10 years (BS) of relevant academic and/or pharmaceutical or biotech experience.
- Strong fundamental knowledge and experience in antibody structure, purification and engineering.
- Extensive experience with cell culture system.