About the position
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
We are seeking a talented Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist in studying tumor microenvironment. The position requires strong interest in bench work and hands on in cancer biology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and participate in tumor microenvironment study
- In deep knowledge and experience in tumor microenvironment is required
- Independently develop study design and platform
- Hands on in technique such as fluorescence & confocal microscopy, 3-D models, immunohistochemistry, multi parameter flow cytometry, including fluorescence-activated cell sorting
- Solid experience in primary tissues and patient samples culture
- Responsible in developing cell-based models of cancer, and murine models of cancer metastasis
- Proficient in molecular biology techniques, for example transfection, knock-in/knock-out, real-time PCR, immunoblotting, ELISA, microarray analysis
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, plan and meet timeline
- Responsible to prioritize work on multiple projects, support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Develop research plans, design experiments, outline research procedures to be followed, and identify or provides training to subordinate personnel to carry out research.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements. Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and reports for regulatory filling.
- Work with R&D department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support
- Participate in timeline planning and decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provide information on feasibility of prospective projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- PhD in cancer biology, cell biology, molecular biology or a related field with 4+ years of relevant academic and/or pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- In deep background and knowledge of tumor microenvironment, including the surrounding blood vessels, immune cells, fibroblasts, signaling molecules and the extracellular matrix.
- Proven track record of publications or presentations about cell-based models of cancer, or murine models of cancer metastasis or tumor microenvironment related area.
- Hands on experience in fluorescence & confocal microscopy, 3-D models, immunohistochemistry is required
- Experience working with therapeutic antibodies and high throughput assays development is highly desirable