About the position
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor. We are seeking a talented Scientist / Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist in developing Antibody Discovery Platform. The position requires strong interest in bench work and hands on in B cell culture experiments. Experience with immuno-oncology antibody discovery platform is plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and participate in antibody discovery activities
- In deep knowledge and experience in B cell culture is required
- Independently develop immunization strategy and immunogen design
- Hands on in B cell sorting and screening antibody for desire function
- Strong background in B cell rescue, molecular biology and immuno-oncology
- Use a variety of different assays to determine binding site mapping and competition analysis, specificity determination, kinetics and affinity determination
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, plan and meet timeline
- Responsible to prioritize work on multiple projects, support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Develop research plans, design experiments, outline research procedures to be followed, and identify or provides training to subordinate personnel to carry out research.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements. Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and reports for regulatory filling.
- Work with R&D department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support
- Participate in timeline planning and decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provide information on feasibility of prospective projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- PhD in Immunology, cell biology, molecular biology or a related field with 4+ years of relevant academic and/or pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Hands on B cell culture and cell sorting experience is required
- Strong scientific background of antibody discovery platform, with proven track record of IND filing, publications or presentations
- Experience working with therapeutic antibodies and high throughput assays development is highly desirable
- Experience with Octet and Flow Cytometry is plus