About the position
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
The Associate Scientist/Scientist/Senior Scientist is responsible for monitoring, and coordinating activities in the research lab. The position requires extensive experience in antibody-based therapeutics, protein engineering, molecular biology, purification, and characterization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in antibody humanization and engineering for novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies and Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC)
- Responsible for cloning, mammalian cell line expression, purification and characterization of protein constructs
- Knowledge of CDR grafting, germ lining and humanization
- Experienced with PTM site removal and optimization by structure-guided approach
- Responsible for candidate optimization, selection, and validation
- Hands on involvement in homology modeling, surface plasmon resonance, SDS-PAGE are required, HPLC is a plus
- Proficiency in Pymol, IgBlast, Discovery Studio, abYsis, Geneious is required
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for regulatory filing, laboratory duties, experiment design, data analysis, instruction operation and maintenance
- Support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Work with R&D and manufacturing department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support with team members in China
- Participate in timeline planning and decision-making regarding research priorities of company or department and provide information on feasibility of prospective projects
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. degree with five or more years’ experience in protein engineering
- Strong scientific background of structural biology, molecular cloning, protein purification and characterization
- Experience in antibody engineering is desired.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills to connect with internal and external CROs.
- Ability to read or write in Mandarin is a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong scientific, medical, and analytical abilities with innovative, solution-oriented style.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access required. Proficiency with email required.
Certificates and Licenses
This job may have supervisory responsibilities.