Chief Scientific Officer
SystImmune Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company located in Redmond, WA. It specializes in developing innovative cancer treatments using its established drug development platforms, focusing on bi-specific, multi-specific antibodies, and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). SystImmune has several assets in various stages of clinical trials for solid tumor and hematologic indications. Alongside ongoing clinical trials, SystImmune has a strong preclinical pipeline of potential cancer therapeutics in the discovery or IND-enabling stages, representing cutting-edge biologics development.
SystImmune is currently searching for a Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) with proven leadership experience in drug development and expertise in the fields of immuno-oncology and antibody therapeutics. The ideal candidate should have experience working in both pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical organizations, as well as significant experience in drug development from discovery through marketing approval.
The CSO will be responsible for developing SystImmune's strategic scientific roadmap, which includes research activities that support the company's portfolio strategy. This individual will engage and develop scientific partnerships with academic and other organizations/institutions to stay at the forefront of scientific discovery.
In addition to this, the CSO will leverage global partners in the Biokin Pharmaceutical Group, and external contract research organizations (CROs), and establish internal drug discovery capabilities to maintain an industry-leading preclinical pipeline.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage SystImmune's R&D preclinical efforts, collaborating closely with each department head to ensure alignment with the company's strategy and timeline.
- Establish program milestones and timelines in collaboration with department heads and drive programs through solid leadership, empowerment, and accountability, ensuring that portfolio goals are met on time and within budget.
- Oversee the R&D team's finalization of nonclinical study reports and contribute to the writing of regulatory documents for clinical studies.
- Contribute to evaluating the intellectual property landscape for all products at an early stage.
- Develop a strategy for building out internal drug discovery capabilities and/or leveraging external contract research organizations (CROs).
- Develop short- and long-term scientific objectives for the organization that cover discovery, development, manufacturing, licensing/approval, and commercialization of products aligned with the company's portfolio.
- Work with senior leadership to evaluate clinical candidates and design and execute relevant additional research regarding the mechanism of action, combination strategies, and new indications.
- Serve as the scientific lead for drug discovery collaboration and seek alliances with other science-based organizations to create and manage effective partnerships that drive cutting-edge cancer treatments for patients.
- Serve as the scientific due diligence lead for business development activities, including search and evaluation, licensing, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Provide guidance on scientific matters to regulatory agencies, scientific and medical personnel, and participate in the preparation of regulatory submissions providing science-based rationale for actions.
- Represent the company with scientific agencies globally, addressing aspects of the company's research and product development.
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ph.D., M.D./Ph.D. in Cancer Biology or related field from an accredited institution is required.
- 20-30 years of relevant experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, 15 years in immune-oncology full-cycle drug development (early discovery through first-in-human clinical trials), including senior-level leadership experience. Prior experience in oncology is required. Ideal if the candidate has experience working with biologics such as monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies, and antibody-drug conjugates.
- Scientific broad technical expertise in oncology, immunology and tumor biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and related scientific disciplines.
- Experience with writing regulatory documents to support IND filings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate concepts and ideas to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with prior experience in establishing and advancing industry partnerships strongly desired.
- Desired experience around due diligence of business development opportunities.
SystImmune is a stable, well-funded biotech company with a bright future. We offer an opportunity for you to learn and grow while making significant contributions to the company’s success. SystImmune offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 100% paid employee premiums for medical/dental/vision, also STD, LTD, a 401(k) plan with a 50% company match of up to 3% and a vesting schedule of only 5 years, 15 PTO days per year, sick leave, plus 11 paid holidays and MORE.
SystImmune is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Are you interested in this position?