Sr. Associate Scientist/Scientist - Analytical
Summary: The Analytical team at SystImmune seeks a Sr. Associate Scientist/Scientist with a strong background in therapeutic protein product characterization. This position will utilize various analytical assays and techniques to aid the Process Development Department in support of preclinical and clinical research programs. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and have hands-on experience with chromatographic and capillary electrophoresis instrumentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary job emphasis focuses on the sample preparation and characterization of novel protein therapeutics using HPLC/UPLC (SEC, IEX, HIC, and RP) techniques as well as CE-SDS, and charge variant determination using cIEF. This role directly aids the Process Development team advance preclinical research programs.
- Implement, and perform HPLC/UPLC and other types of analyses (CE-SDS, cIEF, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot) required by the analytical group to support company product filings such as INDs.
- Provides analytical support for therapeutic protein drug formulation stability studies.
- Works closely with other members of the Process Development team to both follow established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and develop project specific SOPs.
- Support and work closely with cell-line development, upstream, downstream, and other analytical scientists.
- Responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of instrumentation.
- Will interpret data independently, and contribute to SOP and technical reports, including method transfer to manufacturing.
- Aid investigational studies of preclinical drug candidates as needed.
Education and Experience:
- PhD with 0-3 years, MS with 3+ years, or BA with 6+ of experience in therapeutic protein characterization and analytical development.
- Experience of protein analytical characterization using HPLC/UPLC is required.
- Ability to perform independent sample preparation, collection, and initial interpretation.
- Experience in early and late-stage biologic product development and/or experience with Waters Empower LC instrument control and analysis software is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of contributions to team-based project development.
The hiring pay range for this position is $90,000 - $120,000per year based on skills, education, and experience relevant to the role.
SystImmune is a stable, well-funded biotech company with a bright future. We offer an opportunity for you to learn and grow while making significant contributions to the company’s success. SystImmune offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 100% paid employee premiums for medical/dental/vision, also STD, LTD, a 401(k) plan with a 50% company match of up to 3% and a vesting schedule of only 5 years, 15 PTO days per year, sick leave, plus 11 paid holidays and MORE.
SystImmune is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Are you interested in this position?