Scientist/Senior Scientist – Computational Protein Design
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a clinical-stage bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing breakthrough-therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). Currently, the company has eight assets in ongoing clinical trials and a robust preclinical pipeline of therapeutics from discovery through IND-enabling stage.
Summary: SystImmune Inc. is looking for a creative and motivated Computational Protein Design Scientist or Senior Scientist to establish our Computational Protein Design team. As part of the early scientific team, this individual will be instrumental in building the Computational Protein Design platform, using data-driven approaches to augment SystImmune Inc’s first-in-class multi-specific biological programs.
The ideal candidate will have experience applying state-of-the-art machine learning and computational methods to design novel peptides and proteins, such as structural modeling and prediction, structure library generation, molecular docking, and multiparameter molecular property optimization. A successful candidate will be an excellent collaborator working closely with our Antibody Discovery, Protein Engineering, and Immuno-oncology teams
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a novel computational design platform for predicting the properties of peptides, natural ligands, de novo proteins, and antibody-based elements using state-of-the-art computational modeling and machine-learning approaches
- Design new macromolecular therapeutics using rational protein engineering methods, and employ these in silico predictions to iteratively guide the lead development process
- Discover new sequence/structure-function relationships and macromolecular design principles based on current drug platforms by leveraging large experimental datasets and streamlining their analysis
- Work closely with Protein Engineering and Immuno-Oncology teams to optimize an iterative scientific workflow
- Analyze, interpret, document and present data to the scientific and leadership team
- Contribute to ongoing innovation within the company through the introduction of the most recent trends in machine learning and computational protein design
- Maintain a broad awareness of the developments in computational drug design
- Maintain a broad awareness of thWork within a collaborative, and interdisciplinary team to actively contribute to creating, shaping, and executing the vision of the company e developments in computational drug design
- PhD (or equivalent) in computational biology, computational chemistry, computer science, chemical engineering, bioengineering, biophysics, or a related field
- 1-3+ years post Ph.D. (Scientist) 3-5+ (Senior Scientist) of experience developing computational and/or machine learning methods to solve problems related to peptide and protein design, modeling, and sequence/structure-function prediction
- Proficient in Python and significant experience with relevant macromolecular modeling software (i.e. PyRosetta, AlphaFold, MOE, Schrödinger)
- Familiar with deep learning libraries (i.e. PyTorch)
- Experience with cloud computing (i.e. AWS) and software is a plus
SystImmune is a stable, well-funded biotech company with a bright future. We offer an opportunity for you to learn and grow while making significant contributions to the company’s success. SystImmune offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 100% paid employee premiums for medical/dental/vision, also STD, LTD, a 401(k) plan with a 50% company match of up to 3% and a vesting schedule of only 5 years, 15 PTO days per year, sick leave, plus 11 paid holidays and MORE.
SystImmune is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Are you interested in this position?