We are seeking a talented Scientist / Senior Scientist in developing CHO cell lines for the production of biotherapeutics, with broad expertise, capable of contributing to both drug discovery and development projects. The position requires strong interest in bench work and deep background in cell line development for biologics. Experience working with multi-specific, fusion proteins are highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and participate in cell line development activities
- Hands on and independently generate CHO cell lines of high productivity and quality, continually improves the process
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, plan and meet timeline.
- Responsible to prioritize work on multiple projects, support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Drive cell line innovation to enhance the cell line platform to increase cell productivity and shorten cell line development timelines
- Responsible for candidate optimization, selection, and validation
- Conduct molecular biology studies to construct or modify expression vectors, genetically characterize cell line and analyze for sequence variants
- Evaluate signal peptides for CHO expression system and familiar with CHO expression vectors
- Provide technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commit resources to execute specific project tasks
- Use of modern technologies for enrichment of recombinant cells and cell cloning, clonality determination; clone screening using automated systems
- Present findings and results to senior management, external stakeholders, and industry peers at conferences
- Understand regulatory requirements of the production cell lines for biotherapeutics
- Provide mentoring to direct reports and guide their career development
- Commit to write SOPs and reports, authors corresponding sections for regulatory filling
- Strong ability to prioritize workload
- Work with R&D and manufacturing department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support with team members in China
- Participate in timeline planning and decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provide information on feasibility of prospective projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD with 5+ years, or a MS with 10+ years of experience in cell line development, cell culture development and related areas
- Previous hands on experience in cell culture with a focus on mammalian cell recombinant protein production
- Strong scientific understanding of recombinant protein expression, cell line development, cellular metabolism and media optimization
- Experience in managing a team with an understanding of existing and emerging technologies in the cell line space and CMC, quality, and Regulatory considerations
- Experience in early and late-stage biologic development
- Excellent communication skills and a proven track record of publications and presentations