About the position
Located in Redmond WA, SystImmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic bi-specific, and tri-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor. We are a group of highly experienced immuno-oncology scientists utilizing several technology platforms to develop world class advanced antibody-based drug therapies.
We have an immediate opening for an IT Systems Engineer to join our organization. The ideal candidate is highly energetic and motivated in supporting the growth of the organization as it continues create more data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Laboratory Information Management System
- Design, develop, and support ETL components to move data from lab instruments into the data warehouse
- Gather requirements from scientific staff and translate that into code
- Provide support and fix bugs as needed
- Create software tools for scientific staff
- Manage database servers
- Maintain Windows and Linux IT infrastructure
- Manage networking equipment, create firewall rules, perform capacity planning
- Monitor and verify backup systems
- Provide technical support for all computer systems and afterhours support as needed
- Support the company’s IT policies and provide direction to SystImmune’s information systems roadmap
- Maintain company’s IT security systems, including working with next-gen firewalls, data loss prevention, and other threat management systems and respond to security incidents
- Weekend and after hours work as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of servers and applications such as Windows Server 2012 R2+, Linux (Debian-based), VMware, Active Directory, Group Policy, Microsoft RDS, PKI
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as Routing, Switching, Next-gen Firewalls, 802.1x, and IPsec using Cisco and Palo Alto networks products.
- Expertise in managing SQL servers (primarily MySQL)
- Proven troubleshooting skills
- Experience managing Office 365, Azure AD, and Intune
- Ability to work with others and communicate technology issues to non—technical staff
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Experience working in a biotech, pharmaceutical, research, or health institute setting
- Experience with agile development and continuous integration pipelines
- Knowledge of the advance security offerings from Microsoft
- Experience managing Waters Empower & UNIFI information systems
- Infrastructure automation / scripting experience (Python, Powershell, Bash, Terraform)
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as Tableau, JMP, R, Matlab, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent experience will be considered