About the position
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
Our Department of Protein Engineering is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Scientist with a deep appreciation and commitment to antibody-based therapeutics. The successful candidate will be familiarized with the sequence, structure, function, production, development and commercialization of biologic therapeutics, especially antibodies. Ability to quickly learn and develop new biochemical and biophysical techniques, and a passion for researching and implementing innovative ideas in the field of immune-oncology protein design are a prerequisite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Antibody humanization and engineering for novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies
- Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of protein constructs
- Antibody CDR grafting, germlining and humanization
- Candidate optimization, selection, and validation of immune-oncology molecules
- Homology modeling, biolayer interferometry, flow cytometry of candidate therapeutics
- Comfortability with Chimera, NAMD, Pymol, Discovery Studio, Geneious
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Work with R&D and manufacturing department. Transfer/translation of techniques to process development.
- Participate in timeline planning and decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provide information on feasibility of prospective projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to learn and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are requisite for the posted position.
Education and Experience
- PhD + postdoctoral experience in Structural Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry or a related field with 0-5 years pharmaceutical or biotech experience.
- Demonstrated self-motivated and positive academic learner with a capacity to quickly adjust and adapt to a fast paced startup environment.
- Familiarity with immune-oncology and biotech industry space.
- Candidates seeking opportunity, challenge and a desire to impress will receive primary consideration.