About the position
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
We are seeking a talented Scientist / Senior Scientist with extensive experience in antibody-based therapeutics, in Protein Engineering Department. The successful candidate will have a tracked record of antibody humanization, engineering, molecular biology, purification and characterization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and participate in antibody humanization and engineering for novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies and Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC)
- Responsible for cloning, expression and characterization of protein constructs
- Oversee CDR grafting, germlining, and humanization
- Experienced with PTM site removal and optimization by structure-guided approach
- Evaluate signal peptides for CHO expression system and familiar with CHO expression vectors
- Responsible for candidate optimization, selection, and validation.
- Hands on in homology modeling, mammalian expression, surface plasmon resonance, flow cytometry, SDS-PAGE are required, HPLC is a plus
- Proficiency with Pymol, IgBlast, Discovery Studio, abYsis, Geneious are required
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
- Work with R&D and manufacturing department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support with team members in China
- Participate in timeline planning and decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provide information on feasibility of prospective projects
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- PhD; MS; BS in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Biochemistry or a related field with 5+ years (PhD); 9+ years (MS); 12+ years (BS) of relevant academic and/or pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge and experience in antibody humanization and engineering
- Extensive experience with homology modeling and structure-base mutagenesis