About the position
SystImmune, a fast-growing antibody therapeutics company located in Redmond, Washington, is seeking a highly-motivated research associate to perform molecular biology in support of our protein engineering efforts. The ideal candidate will be a highly trained molecular biologist who is comfortable working within a multidisciplinary team to design, construct and characterize antibody-based biotherapeutics. This person must show a meticulous level of detail and be able to generate results with a high degree of accuracy and reproducibility. Activities will be directed at molecular cloning, PCR, protein expression and protein characterization.
- Perform standard molecular biology methods such as PCR, molecular cloning and DNA sequence analysis
- Design and construct expression vectors for production of recombinant proteins
- Perform transient transfections in mammalian cell culture to produce recombinant antibodies and other proteins
- Perform antibody characterization and biochemical interaction analysis using biolayer interferometry, ELISA, FACS, SDS-PAGE and Western blot.
- BS or MS degree in relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of molecular biological experience in related field.
- Experience with PCR, cloning and other common molecular biology techniques is required.
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture and transient transfection systems is required.
- Experience with protein sequence analysis and antibody biochemistry is highly desirable.
- Extensive experience with antibody expression, structure and analysis (e.g. HPLC, SEC, SDS-PAGE) is highly desirable.
- Experience with surface plasmon resonance or biolayer interferometry (particularly Octet) is desirable.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and sample-tracking skills.
- Flow cytometry experience is a plus.
- Protein purification experience is a plus.
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a clean environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.