About the position
We are seeking an energetic and highly motivated analytical research associate with experience in protein purification and characterization to join the Protein Science group. Standard protein/antibodies purifications skills are required for this position. Protein analytics experience is a plus.
The major responsibilities of this position include the purification of antibodies and reagents. The successful candidate will use or develop protein purification process for pre-clinical antibody and reagents. The candidate will also need to characterize purified antibody and reagents by protein analytical methods including SEC-HPLC/UPLC, CE-SDS, cIEF, DLS, MALS, etc. Other duties as assigned is to assist with projects prepared by manager to outline Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- A BS or MS in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline with 2+ years of industry experience.
- Knowledgeable in protein sciences.
- Strong fundamental knowledge and experience in protein purification and characterization, including hands-on experience of ÄKTA Protein Purification Systems, Unicorn software and purification process development.
- Experience with common bio-analytical methods including UPLC, HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, MALS, DLS, etc. is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point software.
- Experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Write the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Flexibility, excellent organizational skills and strong scientific problem-solving skills are required to enable successful execution of critical studies against tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills. Strong collaboration capability to work with other group members and departments to meet project timelines in a fast-paced team environment.