Responsible for providing support in cell line and upstream department by preparing and setting equipment stocking laboratory glassware and consumable supplies, assisting bench prep work. Supports and closely works with research, downstream, analytical, and formulation groups.
- Work in sterile conditions to conduct cell culture experiments and maintain the growth of mammalian cell
- Follows established maintenance of laboratory notebook records, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Performance of general laboratory tasks, including maintenance of equipment. Hand wash and sterile preparation of laboratory glasswares and bioreactors
- Maintain inventory of consumable supplies. Prepare media, reagents, and materials as assigned
- Handle and dispose of recyclable/biohazard waste according to standard operating procedures
- Follow laboratory safety protocols at all times
- Demonstrates knowledge and efficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and other required computer applications.
- Keep work areas clean and organized at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Working weekend shift is required
- Opportunity to advance in responsibility once proficiency is illustrated
Qualifications:Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline with 0-1 years of relevant cell culture experience.
- Experienced in cell culture techniques are highly desired
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small-group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as cell passaging, media and buffer preparations, flow rates and calibration. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access required. Proficiency with email required.
- This individual will work in cell culture laboratory alongside other scientists and in a standard business office with desktop business equipment and moderate noise level. Work hours will be flexible to ensure cell culture processes are properly monitored and maintained.
- This individual must be able to handle standard laboratory and business equipment. Infrequent, moderate lifting of at least 30 pounds is required. Moderate standing and walking; frequent sitting; use of arms and hands to finger, handle, and feel; frequent use of hands for keyboarding; occasional stooping, kneeling, or crouching are required. Close, distant, and peripheral vision and depth perception are used frequently. Environment is similar to office environment with quiet to moderate noise levels. Individual will work with toxic chemicals such as Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADC), acids and bases.